This blog has been a bit quiet (well, very quiet, honestly), but get excited because it’s going to get hot and heavy once more! Spring 2011 promises to be ridiculously amazing and event-packed. To start off, let’s update you on what we did Fall 2010, and then move onto some of the immediate updates for Spring 2011.
We had 3 events with Sequoia Redd (if you missed them, check her blog for the reprinted materials & outlines!):
- Where Porn & Nature Meet: Using $ex to $ell Change
- Sex Work: Culture, Politics, and Laws
- Sexual Energy 101
And we were also involved with World AIDS Day programming.
For Spring, we can’t let you know exactly what we’re cooking just yet, BUT here are some tidbits to tantalize you:
- We were selected as a GACC Safe-Site for the Spring 2011! Hurrah! Expect lots of Trojan condoms.
- We have 2 listservs which you can join: one for updates about SHEEC events and relevant stuff, and one for those who want to help organizing the events (more high-traffic than the former). Check ’em out here.
- Sex Week 2011 (March 13-19) is shaping up super nicely. Block off that entire week for SO MUCH FABULOUS STUFF. Even if you’re not a Brown student, you’re going to want to come. Again. And again. Most (if not all) our events are open to the public, so take advantage of these unique educational opportunities!
- We’re also doing a bunch of programming outside of Sex Week, because sex-positivity and education has to be a constant process! Expect workshops on “Green Sex” and eco-friendly sexuality, managing jealousy, dealing with a breakup (and situations that CALL for a breakup), how to talk to your doctor about your body & sex-life, asexuality, abstinence, and other stuff, as well as a raffle at the Brown/RISD drag show.