BOTH EVENTS ARE FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Monday, February 7 @ 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Macmillan Hall, Room 115
167 Thayer St. / Providence, RI
A workshop/lecture about jealousy–that topic that so many experience, but so few talk about productively. Want to learn how to deal with jealousy, be it your own or someone else’s? Don’t miss this workshop!
When the Green-Eyed Monster rises from our emotional depths, we usually find ourselves powerless to stop its many arms from tearing our relationship-world apart. Well, not anymore! Join sex and relationship expert Reid Mihalko of ReidAboutSex.com for this crash-course on how you can kick jealousy in the gut before it kicks you!
In this unique workshop/lecture, you will learn…
– Where your jealousy (or another’s) comes from
– How to distinguish Envy, Possessiveness, Anger, Depression, and the four other arms of the “octopus” of Jealousy
– Valuable tools for dealing with each arm of the octopus, especially when it’s your partner who is being attacked!
– Tools for mitigating your “jealousy triggers”
– What the corresponding qualities are for each arm of jealousy and how to use them them to bring down the beast
– To dramatically decrease your feelings of dread and anxiety around jealousy, and lessen Jealousy’s grip on those you care about
– Ways to communicate to your loved ones how they can make your world a less jealous one
– Boundary and negotiation skills for improving your relationships no matter what emotions you’re experiencing!
If you’d given up on dealing with jealousy or resigned yourself to a life of powerlessness, please join us for what is sure to be an insightful and extremely useful journey into the uncharted seas of being empowered around Jealousy!
Tuesday, February 8 @ 12:00pm – 3:00pm
Salomon Hall, Room 202
Main Green, between Waterman St. and George St.
Is your friend dating someone totally wrong for them? Are you in a co-dependent relationship and want out? Is someone in your life on-and-off-and-on-and-complicated…again with a partner? Are you having tons of issues with your lover and don’t know what to do about it?
This workshop is for everyone who is, has been, or will be in relationships (and their friends!): you don’t want to miss this.
Fact of life is: BREAKUPS HAPPEN.
And sometimes not soon enough.
So check this out, and say no to spending V-Day with a douchebag!
In this workshop, join Reid Mihalko as we talk about:
1) How do you know if you’re in a bad relationship
2) How do you know it’s not salvageable and you should leave it
3) How to get out with class
4) How not to get sucked back in
5) How do deal with grief and move on in a healthy manner
6) How to support your friends who are in bad relationships
Who is Reid Mihalko?
Reid Mihalko (Brown class of ‘91.5) of www.ReidAboutSex.com helps adults create more self-esteem, self-confidence and greater health in their relationships and sex lives, no matter what their self-expression of those happen to be. Aside from being a facilitator and sex-educator, Reid has been a writer and producer on a number of films and television projects about sex and relationships, and appears regularly in the media.